Thursday, November 11, 2010

9.5 Months to Go...

Is this week going fast for anyone else? Loving it!

Does anyone else use TheKnot.com’s checklist to make sure you’re on schedule to have a fabulous wedding? I actually spent a lot of time researching digital checklists and theirs is by far the most comprehensive. I actually do not find TheKnot.com that helpful, aside from the checklist of course.


I have printed myself two copies of the checklist – one for work so I can mull over it during lunch about once a week and one for the wedding bible. While I was looking it over, I discovered that as of Thanksgiving weekend, we will be in the 6 - 8 month bracket! Yikes! I feel like after Christmas, time is going to fly. 

Luckily for me, I have roughly half of the 6 -8 month tasks completed already – yea for being an over-achiever! 

But this is what I do not have done yet:
  • Get deposit to our florists – we do have a florist picked out though.
  • Get an idea of ceremony musicians and the type of music we want played… NO clue on this one. I was hoping to have someone that we know do the music, but I didn’t realize all of our friends and family are musically challenged… So this one could be difficult.
  • Block hotel rooms for guests – this one is half done, I have rooms at one hotel, but need to block a few more at another.
  • Fill out your wedding registry – we’ll do this closer to 6 months I think…
  • Order and send out save-the-dates… Need to do a lot of work on this one because I am doing them myself, but I have a great idea for it!
  • Book ceremony musicians – probably around 6 months.
  • Start planning rehearsal dinner… We have an idea of what we want to do, but nothing definite yet.
  •  Finalize invitation wording… The wording of the actual invitation is done, but the cards associated with them are not…
  • Order wedding invitations and announcements – will do this around the 6 month mark.

Not too terrible of a list – what about you guys? Do you have lots to do for where you are at in your planning or are you way ahead of the game? 

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I wrote to you before, but I thought I'd try again:)
    I am writing a book called "So...How Did You Meet Anyway?" It is a collection of people's "how we met" stories.
    I have posted the stories which have been sent in on;
    So...How Did You Meet Anyway?
    http://wwwsohowdidyoumeet.blogspot.com/
    I am always shopping for stories and I would like to add yours. Please check out the site, and if you would like to contribute your "how we met" story contact me at;
    susan.amestoy@gmail.com
    And...congratulations!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The A-line also suits slim girls who could use far more shape, evening dresses sellers together with busty gals who will need a skirt that could balance out their top rated 50 %. flower girl dress Tall or small, thin or major, it doesn't make a difference - every single figure loves flower girl dress

    ReplyDelete